• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham from the air

Very nice

I like those very nice Ragga, but it looks like somewhere else other than brum..........................Cat:)

Great pictures Ragga - but like Cat, I wouldn't have known it was Brum if you hadn't said. Judy :)

Super photos Ragga. Can you point out a landmark that we can use to navigate ourselves around the pics. please. :)

What clinking pictures, Ragga! They must have been taken in the morning, because the sun is towards the east. I like the way Edgbaston Rezza appears on the right hand side in both views, and the first shows the profile of the Lickey and Clent hills from a new angle.
Peter.

the other water would be Edgbaston pool (fish pond) in the Edgbaston golf course
if it had been Salford you would see Spaghetti junction

Now I just have to look for that green stump in the middle until someone takes the wraps off then I shall be lost again.

Jenny Ann,
The only stretch of water I can recognise other than Edgbaston Reccy, is in the second pic of Ragga's second batch. That is taken from over Stechford Station (out of view, of course) and shows the two rail tracks, lefyt for New St and Right for Washwood Heath, Aston, Perry Barr etc. The water is a new creation, which I've never seen but it is basically the River Cole (which I do remember) dammed and tarted up a bit, presumably to raise the property values. I woulkdn't mind living there really.
Peter

I'm sorry, I've got to ask, what is the building in the bottom left of the second pic in your first posting? It looks like a Stadium, it's white with blue bottom. I can't find it on Google earth. Any one know:confused2:

Frothblower ............ I think it the gritting depot on
fordrough road ive looked my self on Goggle Earth
and the warehouse is not built just a open plan .
The other blue and white building to the left is
Birmingham City football ground .
ragga :)

I wonder if there is any airial photo's of birmingham from the late 50's or early 60's available to view would be fantastic.
paul

dek, it's Kingston Hill Rec. that was replaced with new housing.
Ragga, thanks for such a great shot of the hallowed ground, now can you tell me who was playing please. :))

View attachment 63285 I do not know if this was taken from an aircraft. 1958. Not a brilliant photo but I will look through what I have in an attempt to find a better one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Stitcher ....... not seen that shot before , as to the rec dek carr thanks to davidfowler
it was nicknamed hooligan park so im told , but i must admit myself its a great shot of
Bordesley and the surounding area . is that the tilt hammer im viewing now ??
ragga .............

Ragga you a blue nose by any chance?? he. he. St Andrews School did a complete rewire in the summer holidays approx 1986. Dek

Back