• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham Factories in the War

shadowrichards

proper brummie kid
I am compiling an index of factories/companies which contributed to the war effort. I need to know the correct way of presenting the following (i.e. are they co-limited or what?)

1) Masters and (or is it &?) Son of West Bromwich
2) Messenger and (&?) Sons of Greet
3) SU Carburettors

A bit outside our area I know; I need to know the correct title for Oram who had a factory in Newton Road, Nuneaton. I believe they were to do with Armstrong-Whitworth.

Thanks in anticipation...

This is the listing in Kellys Birmingham directory for 1944
Messenger & Sons (Birmingham) Ltd. fittings for gas cookers, hot brass pressings, Percy road, Greet 11.TA "Messengers, Birmingham; " TN's Victoria 1071 & 1072
and this is a Kellys Staffs directory for 1940
Masters Thos. & Son, iron founders, Kenrick st. T N1154
Don't know if they are any help

Thank you. The Messenger & Sons is a definite confirmation. From what you quote I cannot be certain that the Masters Thos. & Son is the same outfit as at West Bromwich. Don't understand what Kenrick sfc means.....

Back