• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Cinemas

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
yes brian just over the road from the gothic pub...this cinema has been discussed on the forum and if memory serves me right i think an old photo was posted which showed the cinema...

lyn

Paul MB

Wonder if anyone recalls the old "Vic" on Victoria Road Aston. From memory and not positive think that was where I
used to go to the Saturday morning matinee in the 50s I remember seeing Batman in black and white and Roy Rodgers. It cost 6d in.

Williamstreeter

master brummie
Wonder if anyone recalls the old "Vic" on Victoria Road Aston. From memory and not positive think that was where I
used to go to the Saturday morning matinee in the 50s I remember seeing Batman in black and white and Roy Rodgers. It cost 6d in.

I used to live off Victoria Road in the 70's , the cinema was well gone by then . I've also seen those Batman serials and I'm pleased to say I have the entire series on dvd . Nothing can beat the original Batman in b&w

cookie273uk

master brummie
When I lived in Queens Rd Aston ages ago my 2 favourite local cinemas were the 'Vic' (Victoria Playhouse) and the Astoria, Aston Cross, never was keen on the Aston Cross cinema, only went if there was a particular film I wanted to see. Eric

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
what a little gem of a building the victoria playhouse was...does anyone know what happened to the land it was on....or was the playhouse demolished and the land left vacant ever since as so often we see..

lyn

Chris B

master brummie
what a little gem of a building the victoria playhouse was...does anyone know what happened to the land it was on....or was the playhouse demolished and the land left vacant ever since as so often we see..

lyn
I think the Aston Expressway runs through it