• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Billiard John Thomas

Sharonirene

Brummie babby
Hi, I'm trying to find out more about my Great Uncle John Thomas Billiard. He was born in Birmingham and joined the Royal Warwickshires. He was killed in action on 22nd August 1915. I know he left a wife and two possibly 3 young children but I've no idea what became of them. Would be grateful for any information at all.

Re: John Thomas Billiard

Hello John was age 22 when he died and a Corporal

1901 with parents James and Annie

Maybe??
?? John T Billiard married Lilian Bache June quarter 1912 Aston Warwickshire 6d 451 also a Lilian M Billiard born june quarter 1912 Aston mothers maiden name Bache also a 1915 birth Aston Thomas R Billiard mothers maiden name bache

John Billiard son of James and Ann was baptised at Bishop Ryder church on June 6th 1894 and his date of birth is given as May 27th. Their address is Gt James Street and James' occupation is brass dresser.
Janice

CWGC lists his next of kin as Lilian of 11 Staniforth Street. There are 2 possible births in Aston Lilian M (1912) and Thomas R (1915) both with mother Bache. There is a third but the date doesn't fit as it is also 1915 (!).

On the electoral roll from 1922 a Harry and Lavinia Billiard still live at that address - they could be relatives.

I will try to find more on the possible children later.
Janice

Thank you, Gt James St sounds right as the family still lived in the area right up until Nan died in 1992

Thank you, all of this fits, I believe he had a brother called Harry. I actually met him many years ago when I was just a child, wished I'd know enough to ask questions at the time. Thank you for the information Janice

Back