• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BHF EASTER MEET UP 2023

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
BRINGING TO THE TOP....hi folks....after a 3 year break from out regular meet ups we think its now time to put that right... :) i have been in touch with the bull pub who will be delighted to see us all again...once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will go to our forum funds...donations of prizes are very welcome..think i have at least 3 books and i may bring an easter egg:D it will be so good to see old faces again and i know from previous posts that a few of our newer members have expressed a wish to come to the next meet up and meeting new members would be great so dont be shy...as usual i shall start a list of members hoping to attend because as we all know things can change on the day...the food at the bull is good old fashioned pub grub with vegetarian options..martha at the bull will be emailing me an up to date menu soon so i will post that as and when ...lets make it a good one folks as its been far too long...right then who is going to put their name down first:D:Dfriends and family are also welcome

DETAILS...VENUE..THE BULL PUB
NO 1 PRICE ST
POST CODE...B4 6JU
DATE..SATURDAY 8TH APRIL
TIME..MIDDAY
PARKING AVAILABLE ON THE METER AND THERE IS ALSO A CAR PARK NEXT TO THE BULL

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

MIKEJEE and friend JOHN
NICK PHILLIPS
LADY PENELOPE AND GRAHAM
PJMBURNS (janice) AND POSS HUBBY PAUL
MYSELF AND GRANDSON JAMES
MORTURN
JANET HUNT
VICKI.1
LYNNE WEBB
COOKIE273UK
STRAWBERRY HUNTER (kat)
DAVID FOWLER
KEYHILL BRIAN
LIN777
COVROAD
FROTHBLOWER (chris)
MWS (mark
IAN BINNIE AND WIFE GILLIAN
SEANYB1986
STOKKIE
POSTIE (JIM) AND WIFE HILARY
WELSHNWOBBLY
CBA
ANNIE56

Last edited:
hi folks....after a 3 year break from out regular meet ups we think its now time to put that right... :) i have been in touch with the bull pub who will be delighted to see us all again...once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will go to our forum funds...donations of prizes are very welcome..think i have at least 3 books and i may bring an easter egg:D it will be so good to see old faces again and i know from previous posts that a few of our newer members have expressed a wish to come to the next meet up and meeting new members would be great so dont be shy...as usual i shall start a list of members hoping to attend because as we all know things can change on the day...the food at the bull is good old fashioned pub grub with vegetarian options..martha at the bull will be emailing me an up to date menu soon so i will post that as and when ...lets make it a good one folks as its been far too long...right then who is going to put their name down first:D:D

NO 1 PRICE ST
POST CODE...B4 6JU even
DATE..SATURDAY 8TH APRIL
TIME..MIDDAY

I have put the date in my diary,

If anyone's driving a new one way in operation, it does make it difficult driving to the pub .

Nick Phillips

I will add it to the diary but depends how my husband is on the day whether it is both of us, one, or, hopefully not, none.

I have put the date in my diary,

If anyone's driving a new one way in operation, it does make it difficult driving to the pub .

Nick Phillips
Yes, if you are driving towards the city along New Town Row, there is no longer an option to turn right into Cecil Street, you now need to go right around Lancaster Circus to get to the other side of the A34. Then Price Street is the second left (there is a gap in the cycle lane), currently there is no right turn at the top of Price Street into Loveday Street either.

I hope to be able to make the next meeting, unfortunately this one clashes with Villa being at home that afternoon and they would miss my usual vocal encouragement. Hope everyone has a splendid time on the day!

as we all know road closures can happen on a daily basis but as far as i know (and i will check this out soon) if you are coming from the newtown row side do a right just before the bartons arms pub then a sharp left continue down over the lights at new john st west continue along summer lane and turn left into lower loveday st..straight up and it will take you to the bull pub...if you are coming into the city centre by bus its only a 5 min walk from the childrens hospital...hope to see you at the next one john

lyn

as we all know road closures can happen on a daily basis but as far as i know (and i will check this out soon) if you are coming from the newtown row side do a right just before the bartons arms pub then a sharp left continue down over the lights at new john st west continue along summer lane and turn left into lower loveday st..straight up and it will take you to the bull pub...if you are coming into the city centre by bus its only a 5 min walk from the childrens hospital...hope to see you at the next one john

lyn
Also a short walk from Snow Hill if coming by train.

All being well I will certainly attend. Eric
this is great news eric it would not be the same without our resident artist being there...although we know that at the age of 92 you are still quite fit we have to take into account that you are still getting over Pneumonia so catching buses and walking from town is not advisable even though i know you would do this so many thanks to lady penelope and hubby graham for offering to at least pick you up and take you to the bull and also bring you back home should you wish..many thanks pen

lyn

There is a lot of problems with strikes etc at the moment. I'm sure:rolleyes: that will be over by then, but have decided to arrive extra early just in case and sample the accommodation at the Bull. Very reasonable price for a single room (and presumably for double also} - though that was booking direct. the hotel booking sites seem to quote somewhat higher prices,

There is a lot of problems with strikes etc at the moment. I'm sure:rolleyes: that will be over by then, but have decided to arrive extra early just in case and sample the accommodation at the Bull. Very reasonable price for a single room (and presumably for double also} - though that was booking direct. the hotel booking sites seem to quote somewhat higher prices,
good idea mike...can you report any ghosts you may see...think i read some years ago that there is one that roams the pub:eek::D

lyn

Yes, if you are driving towards the city along New Town Row, there is no longer an option to turn right into Cecil Street, you now need to go right around Lancaster Circus to get to the other side of the A34. Then Price Street is the second left (there is a gap in the cycle lane), currently there is no right turn at the top of Price Street into Loveday Street either.

I hope to be able to make the next meeting, unfortunately this one clashes with Villa being at home that afternoon and they would miss my usual vocal encouragement. Hope everyone has a splendid time on the day!
no idea froth

lyn
Yes you will still find him behind the Bar.
Nick Phillips

Please put my name down, I'm Kathryn!

Thank you. I'll see what I can bring for the raffle.
thats great kat...look forward to seeing you...thanks for sorting out a raffle prize which reminds me that i need to get a book of raffle tickets...

lyn

hi folks....after a 3 year break from out regular meet ups we think its now time to put that right... :) i have been in touch with the bull pub who will be delighted to see us all again...once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will go to our forum funds...donations of prizes are very welcome..think i have at least 3 books and i may bring an easter egg:D it will be so good to see old faces again and i know from previous posts that a few of our newer members have expressed a wish to come to the next meet up and meeting new members would be great so dont be shy...as usual i shall start a list of members hoping to attend because as we all know things can change on the day...the food at the bull is good old fashioned pub grub with vegetarian options..martha at the bull will be emailing me an up to date menu soon so i will post that as and when ...lets make it a good one folks as its been far too long...right then who is going to put their name down first:D:Dfriends and family are also welcome

NO 1 PRICE ST
POST CODE...B4 6JU
DATE..SATURDAY 8TH APRIL
TIME..MIDDAY

MIKEJEE
NICK PHILLIPS
LADY PENELOPE AND GRAHAM
PJMBURNS AND POSS HUBBY PAUL
MYSELF AND GRANDSON JAMES
MORTURN
JANET HUNT
VICKI.1
LYNNE WEBB
COOKIE273UK
STRAWBERRY HUNTER (kat)
DAVID FOWLER
KEYHILL BRIAN
Hi, May I add my name to the meeting list please?

Hi, May I add my name to the meeting list please?
of course you may lin...it will be lovely to welcome another new face...hope to see you soon and please bring any family or friends if you wish

lyn

Back