• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

BhF Christmas Meet 2014 On the Day

ColinB

gone but not forgotten
As requested by Lyn, the previous thread has been closed, please post your comments and photos from todays event here.

Colin

Hi All,

I hope that by the time you get home to read this you will have had a good day. I am really sorry that my various problems stop me from attending. I look forward to seeing the photos and pray that Frothy has avoided that dreaded step.

Chris Beresford (Old Boy)

I went and had a grand time, it was absolutely packed with members, most I had not met before. A drink, some grub and a good natter what more can you ask. Unfortunately because of my dog had to leave early (2pm) halfway through the raffle. Did not take any pics but plenty members were doing so, so they should be appearing later. Beautiful sunny, if cold, day. Really enjoyable. Eric

Nice photos Wendy. A very enjoyable "meet up" and I even avoided having my photo taken!!
Happy Christmas and a very happy and prosperous New Year to one an all.

You never know Jimbo there were others with camera's. Seasons greetings to you too!

Nice photos Wendy. A very enjoyable "meet up" and I even avoided having my photo taken!!
Happy Christmas and a very happy and prosperous New Year to one an all.

Oh no you didnt LOL.

had lovely time at meet up
and was lucky to win one of eric's water colour painting that will take pride of place on my wall
josie

Can't believe how quiet it is on here :upset:

Hi,

I bet most of them cleared off to the Christmas Market. I am pleased that the meetup was enjoyable. Nice photos Wendy though I do not know any of the members on them. The room looks splendid.

Old Boy

I was my first meet, and we had a really good time. It was great to put a few faces to names, guess at a few others and make new friends. Good food and drink, good ambiance and good company - what more could there be?!.
Thank you for organising the meet and the raffle. When's the next 'do'?

Chris

Great photos Wendy. As someone who lives far away, but reads the postings regularly, I would love to be able to put a face to a name.
Is it possible to do this? Eddie.

It was great to meet everybody today, all of you for the first time. I really enjoyed all the conversation as well as the food & drink. Thanks so much to Lyn & everybody else involved in organising the day.

I noticed the step claimed a new victim !!

Simon

It was great to meet everybody today, all of you for the first time. I really enjoyed all the conversation as well as the food & drink. Thanks so much to Lyn & everybody else involved in organising the day.

I noticed the step claimed a new victim !!

Simon

Who fell down my step Simon ?

Whoever it was, fell on Jimbo's wife.

Thanks Lynn a great day again you worked very hard to make it as usual super.

Carol x

Had a lovely day today. Really enjoyed my first meet. Thanks Lyn for making it all possible. Viv.

Had a great time today at the Christmas meet up, and i even won a raffle prize. Many Thanks to Lyn for making this possible Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2015 to you all .. from Eileen

Just typical, I spent all morning sitting by the steps warning everyone to "watch the step" then when time came for me to make my way home, I took a flyer down the one by the door. I've never been so embarrassed in all my life. I couldn't get out of the door fast enough. Still besides that it was a great meet as usual and it was nice to meet some new faces, as well as some of the regulars.

Hi Everyone,

Lovely to put some faces to names yesterday. Thanks you to all concerned especially Lyn. Big thanks to Postie family and Katrina & hubby for budging up so that we could squeeze in - much appreciated! Parker grew up in Bordesley Green so was really pleased to find that Postie did too. Lots of reminiscences and recollections. A chat to Simon (4130?) from Dublin revealed his interest in Birmingham buses - how uncanny was that? Parker's a real bus enthusiast together with transport in general. Can't wait for next year when by hook or by crook we'll be there much earlier so we don't miss anything. Happy Christmas everyone - and thanks again.

Another fantastic meet up ( thank you Lyn for all your hard work ) nice to see everyone enjoying them selves, the total amount of money raised, from raffle and badges, came to £214.10
( don't ask where the odd 10p came from but it's still appeciated).
Thank you all for attending and buying so many raffle tickets and also those members who donated the prizes.
The continuance of the Forum is guaranteed for many months to come.
Thank you all and a Merry Christmas...
Jim and Hilary.

Lovely meet well done Lyn! Pity there were no other photo's. Had a lovely chat to Simon from Dublin and all the people on our table, small world. We didn't win on the raffle...ha ha.

That blinkin' step needs to go on the "things I wish had never been invented" thread! I nearly came a cropper a few times too. But then I'll give anything a go if it's all the rage! Viv.

Ha Ha Viv that did make me laugh! Lovely to meet you yesterday by the way..x

Hi Everyone,

Lovely to put some faces to names yesterday. Thanks you to all concerned especially Lyn. Big thanks to Postie family and Katrina & hubby for budging up so that we could squeeze in - much appreciated! Parker grew up in Bordesley Green so was really pleased to find that Postie did too. Lots of reminiscences and recollections. A chat to Simon (4130?) from Dublin revealed his interest in Birmingham buses - how uncanny was that? Parker's a real bus enthusiast together with transport in general. Can't wait for next year when by hook or by crook we'll be there much earlier so we don't miss anything. Happy Christmas everyone - and thanks again.
Good to meet up with you Lady P albeit only briefly.

BernardR

Just typical, I spent all morning sitting by the steps warning everyone to "watch the step" then when time came for me to make my way home, I took a flyer down the one by the door. I've never been so embarrassed in all my life. I couldn't get out of the door fast enough. Still besides that it was a great meet as usual and it was nice to meet some new faces, as well as some of the regulars.

Phil, the wife said it's been a long time since someone "fell" for her!!

Back