• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bette & Joan

norfolk brummie

gone but not forgotten
Last nigh my wife watched the TV story of the hate between Bette Davis & Joan Crawford (for our younger viewers, these two were famous Hollywood film stars). I watched the last half an hour, or so. Just in time to hear the greatest 'Bitch' put down of all time.

One hearing that Joan Crawford had died, Bette Davis was asked to make a comment, She replied "My Mama always said never to speak ill of the dead, only say good things. So Joan Crawford is dead?.......Good"

Eddie

Last edited:
Good series, and very funny in parts. Susan Sarandon is a dead ringer for Davis, but I don't think Jessica Lange looks anything like Crawford.

One day in a studio Bette Davis spotted a starlet walking towards her, and said, "Here comes the good time that's been had by all!" Other of her quotes probably a bit too near the knuckle......

G

Hi, my Husband and I have watched the series and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although Jessica Lange doesn't look like Crawford, she does put in a fabulous performance. We decided to watch Whatever Happened To Baby Jane last week , which we had recorded, we both had seen it before but couldn't remember it, so settled down and snuggled up! Five minutes or so
before the end of the film, the recording finished so now we are left wondering whatever happened to Blanche? Did she die? Would be great if anyone could put us out of our misery and tell us !!
CHINCH

We've also been watching it and found it very entertaining. (They were two of my father's favourite actresses). I've been reading a bit about Joan Crawford, who was very troubled and contradictory, even more so than is shown in the series, perhaps.

We also recorded the film, but haven't seen it yet, so I don't know about the ending.Someone here will know, though.

We've also been watching it and found it very entertaining. (They were two of my father's favourite actresses). I've been reading a bit about Joan Crawford, who was very troubled and contradictory, even more so than is shown in the series, perhaps.

We also recorded the film, but haven't seen it yet, so I don't know about the ending.Someone here will know, though.
Oh, I hope I haven't spoiled it for you, Maria! It's definately much better than the other film , Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte which we also watched. They were 2 very unhappy and insecure ladies despite their fame and fortune. Sad, really.
CHINCH

Oh, I hope I haven't spoiled it for you, Maria! It's definately much better than the other film , Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte which we also watched. They were 2 very unhappy and insecure ladies despite their fame and fortune. Sad, really.
CHINCH

No, don't worry, you haven't! I think I've seen clips from it at various times; certainly Bette Davis doing "I've Written a Letter to Daddy."

Back