• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BBC brum

nijinski

master brummie
I read an article from julie walters in the mail about how brum and the midlands are being stripped of all the beebs investment.for programmes except for doctors and the news. It is shocking that 25per cent of licence fee payers are from the midlands yet we're second bottom of the table for lowest investment. We're the second city and we don't even have a bbc centre anymore.

This has been on the cards pretty well since they closed Pebble Mill. As for The Doctors I seem to recall many months ago that they planned to move the setting to the Manchester Area.

I am not at all surprised. A couple, or more years ago, ITV changed their SW England news to cover the whole of the southh western peninsula and Gloucestershire. Actually I am near to parts of France than Gloucester!! The BBC slowly seems to be following in their tracks.

If you look at the met. offices weather site you will see no central England towns mentioned. The nearest cities being Sheffield and Oxford. (scroll down to see)

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

I am not at all surprised. A couple, or more years ago, ITV changed their SW England news to cover the whole of the southh western peninsula and Gloucestershire. Actually I am near to parts of France than Gloucester!! The BBC slowly seems to be following in their tracks.

If you look at the met. offices weather site you will see no central England towns mentioned. The nearest cities being Sheffield and Oxford. (scroll down to see)

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/
The list at the bottom of the page is a "most popular" list. The places listed aren't chosen by the met office they're the most requested over the last period. I don't know what their period settings are but I would suppose that if they get a lot of people asking for a midlands forecast there will be an entry on the most popular list.

Thanks Jennyann. My dentist told me about the hospital being built as I am under the dental at the moment. Can't wait for it to be built and up and running. Brumgum am going to look in at your petition. Jean. :peach:

nijinski....... In my post #5 on the Thread " Welcome to Birmingham" I have tried to give my point of view why Birmingham is sliding down the "rcognition" table and not in the fore of National debate. The posts in your Thread seem to echo what I am trying to get at (perhaps not very well). Is Birmingham motto still FORWARD then it's about time this was upheld.

Back