• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bayliss Rose

Harry Brown 123

Brummie babby
Hi. Cna anyone tell me if i's possible to trace a patient called Rose Bayliss who was a patient in Winson Green Mental Hospital from around 1950s to 1970? Thanks

If any records exist they will be subject to what is called the "100 year rule ". That means no public access while there is a likelihood of someone covered by the records still being alive.
I think that sometimes next of kin can access records - usually on proof of death of the person.
See here

Thanks. This is my great grandmother. she was born over 100 years ago so this shouldn't be a problem. I'm unsure of the exact year she died. She was married to Thomas Bayliss and had a daughter called Joan Margaret Bayliss.
John

On the 1939 register there is a Rose Bayliss listed at Lodge Road, which I think is where the Hospital was. Her birth year is 1898 and it's possible she died in 1966.

On the 1939 register there is a Rose Bayliss listed at Lodge Road, which I think is where the Hospital was. Her birth year is 1898 and it's possible she died in 1966.
yes that is correct the hospital was in lodge road..i have a rellie who was also there on the 39 register

lyn

Belated thanks for your reply which I have only just come across. I’d be grateful if you could tell me if this was from the patient’s register for the hospital. Sorry again for late response and I’m really grateful for this information.

1939 register is the national register taken on the eve of war. Used to issue ID cards and later enrol people in NHS.
Patient's files even if existing, would still be subject to 100 year rule.

Last edited:
Back