• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Baths Gosta Green

waswigg

proper brummie kid
I am trying to find a picture of the baths near Lawrence st. I never went swimming but I went to have a bath. Very rarely Mom would have the money for us to go and have a bath. A man would run the bath for you and he would have a key to turn on the hot water. You never had much hot water so you had to hurry and wash quick. The man would say come on lets be having you and bang the door. I didn't mind it was a quick bath and getting dressed quickly.
Usually when we we waiting for a bath I never saw any white people there always Pakistani gentlemen.
Kids nowadays haven't got a clue. Life was hard but you are born into it
waswigg

Waswigg,

I guess the answer to that is never go on a Saturday afternoon! :) Sorry but I can't help you with a photo.

Maurice :cool:

Back