• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Barnett Edwin elijah

yogimon

master brummie
I have posted on here before to ask if anyone could give my some info on Elijah Barnett. I now think his name could have been Edwin Elijah I have found out some info regarding his military status. I know by his presumed wife that he must have died in 1901 or before because she re married in 01 and on he wedding certificate it states widow . The information i have is that he was with the royal warwicks .. is there any way that i could confirm that this is the person i'm looking for.? I have been looking for this person for ages and i would be grateful if anyone could give me a lead. I'm assuming he was in the boar war

FMP lists an Edwin Elijah Barnett with the following details. He was a brass dresser, aged 23 years on attestation, part of the 1st Warwicks militia, enlisted into the 28th brigade on 11th February 1879 in Walsall and was single at the time. I haven't read all the rest. There are then some more documents which seem to relate to an attestation in 1891 for someone of the same name and age - I assume it is the same person enlisting in the Royal Warwicks as it refers to 6 years in the militia. It looks as if he left in 1885 and then rejoined in 1891. I can't see (on a quick look) any reference to a wife.

Janice

I'm only guessing that his name was Edwin although it seems to fit. His wife was named Mary Marsh she married James Mills in 1901.

Back