• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Baptism/Buriel help please: 1834

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
Hello folks,
I thought I had found all the info on the children of Thomas & Ann Farmer ...but looking at the IGI tonight I came across the following info which might mean that there is yet another child to this couple...

Thomas Farmer b16/02/1834 Baptised: 31/03/1834 St Martins Buried: 31/10/1834 (I assume St Martin's again)

May I ask for some kind person to check the baptism & buriel for the address & occupation on the certs, please???

Many thanks,
Margaret.

I found Thomas's Baptisim and Birth as you have. Parents Thomas and Ann abode Horse Fair, occupation Plater. Sorry I couldn't find the burial.

Dear Margaret
The IGI burial entry that you refer to gives the burial place as St Mary, Whittall Street, Birmingham (from the film reference number).
Regards
Andy

Thank you Wendy, the occupation & abode fits in with my Farmer family.

Thank you Andy, for finding the church where the burial took place, my thanks go to you both for taking the time & trouble to help me.

Margaret.

I think I'm right in saying that the memorial incriptions for St Mary's have been transcribed and are on the shelves in the main are of the 6th floor at the library. Ofcourse, there may not have been a memorial......

Hello Leslam...I doubt that there would have been a memorial for this young boy, his family were as poor as church mice.

Many thanks,
Margaret.

Back