• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Back to Back Visit (On the Day)

ColinB

gone but not forgotten
Just like to say how much Jan and I enjoyed our visit today, you really are a great bunch.
Thanks to Steve our guide, and Lyn for all your effort organising it.
I didn't take any photos, left my camera at home, but there seemed to be lots taken so post them on this thread and perhaps someone could post some on the Facebook page.

Colin

HI ALL...WELL THIS IS A SURPRISE...I AM THE FIRST ONE TO POST SOME PICCIES FOR A CHANGE...:D :Dancedance04:WELL I CAN ONLY ADD TO WHAT COLIN HAS ALREADY SAID..HAD A GREAT TIME TODAY AND THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL COMPANY:)SORRY IF I DIDNT GET TO TALK TO ALL OF YOU BUT WE WERE KIND OF SPLIT UP:rolleyes:..also sorry if i didnt say bye bye to all but our lift was parked on double yellows....

A BIG THANK YOU MUST GO TO OUR MEMBER BRUMMIE60 (STEVE) FOR BOOKING US IN AND FOR BEING A GREAT TOUR GUIDE...:thumbsup:RIGHT HERE ARE A FEW PICS TO BE GOING ON WITH...AND I DARE SAY MORE WILL FOLLOW WHEN THE REST CATCH UP:D:D

pic 1...vicki..lynne..and kelly trying to escape me camera lol
pic 2..cath clinging to the lampost lol
pic 3..big ian...

Last edited:
in the courtyard...

steve rounding us up for the off...
pic 2 maur..the birthday girl..
pics 3...wendy and young oliver..
pic 4...cath.jan and colin..

inside the fox...

think thats it for now folks...:) just one last thing i nearly forgot...

frothy take this....:headhit::headhit::headhit:and you know what thats for:D

Nice meeting up with some of you today.
The Back to Backs was something I've been wanting to do for a long time.
Yes Lyn I deserved the bang on the head:rolleyes:

Thank you for taking mine and Don's photo outside Eliza Wheeler's Gin House! Trying to tell us something Lyn? :rolleyes::beam:
We both had a great day anyway!

Hi All.... I had a great day, nice to meet you all.... i realy enjoyed the tour . Thanks to Lyn for getting my on it at last:D. and the pictures are great.:)

nice one froth...i forgot to get the lavvies....lol...maur so glad you had a good time..hope to see you on some more now.....hey charlie...i didnt notice where you were both standing....good one though lol....

lyn

hi steve..it was great..i want to stay the night in one of the houses now...must price it up...:)

lyn...

Great photos! - looks as if you all had a lovely time :) top marks to the guide for controlling you alllol
So own up frothy - what did you do to deserve Lyns hammer?

Polly:)

hi all,
thanks for another great day, it was lovely to meet everyone again and looking for to the next one.

lynne,vicki and kelly

Prices for staying @NT Back to Back:
2 nights: £165-£246. 3 nights: £198-£369. 4 nights: £230-£430. 5 nights: £263-£491. 6 nights £296-£553. 7 nights: £329-614. Depending on time of year.
Keep doing the Lottery Lyn.!

he wont tell you pol...but put it this way..hes had to have black mark in me little book:D:D always get me own back in the end....:D:Dhope to see you on one of the future meet ups...

lyn:)

thanks for the prices charlie...looks like a winter stay then..mind you that might be nice...:)

lyn

he wont tell you pol...but put it this way..hes had to have black mark in me little book:D:D always get me own back in the end....:D:Dhope to see you on one of the future meet ups...
lyn:)
I'm going to have a look in that little book of yours one day Lyn - hope I'm not in it!
Hopefull I will make it to another meet soon.
Polly

Great photos! - looks as if you all had a lovely time :) top marks to the guide for controlling you alllol
So own up frothy - what did you do to deserve Lyns hammer?

Polly:)

I would love to tell you Pol but my head hurts from the last beating I had from her
40.gif

What another great meet again, it was good to meet friends old and new.
Thanks Lyn and the staff of the back to backs for all your efforts.
These are my small contribution of pictures.
Brian

great pics bri...looks like a good time was had by all...:):)glad you got a good pic of young oliver...everytime i aimed me camera at him he ran...lolmy 23 year old lad still does..ha ha

Last edited:
Great photos lads and lasses love the one of the Queen Victoria throne and the two guzunders brings back old memories( not always good) i always thought i was going to disappear down my aunties when i was little had to stand on a wooden box to reach. Dek

Back