• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harborne

Hi, I've been trying to change my avatar by browing my computer and choosing a different picture but it won't work. I've tried several times now, clicked on Save and checked there was no box to click to upload, so what am I doing wrong, please?! :sorrow:

Chris

Chris, I assume that you are using the Edit Avatar section of Edit Profile?
And that you are selecting the file using Browse? Had you spotted that underneath the entry box is says
"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Check the size of the file and that when you open the graphic, it is not bigger than 80 x 80 pixels. if you aren't sure, email the file to me and I will check.

Les

Hi Les

Yes the pic I was trying to save was 99kb - a bit too big but I hadn't read the size requirements lol. A smaller picture won't load either though; it's only 16kb approx and again I've tried several times - in the Edit Avatar section - and it just won't change. I'm sick looking at that flipping blue flower!

Chris

I'm wondering if the problem is the graphic type. I have changed it to a jpg and it is loading and 'sticking' OK for me. I've emailed you the updated version

It's worked at last! Thanks ever so for your help, Les. I'll have to get a bit more wised up re graphics myself I think.

Chris

No problems - glad to be of service :)

.jpgs are reliable and smaller than bmps or pngs and so more suitable in this circumstance. I've sent you a slightly bigger vesrion - it's still within the allowable size, so should also work

As you will see, I found my red-lady again - thought I had lost her!

Dunno what your red-lady is but she must be a bit like a fairy godmother!

Chris

I'm amused by the amount of times some members change their avators, I have been a member of the Forum 3 years today (march 9th) and have always had the same one, taken from a 1950 black and white pic. Not criticising, just remarking. Eric

Eric I'd probably had mine for three years or more but then I REALLY got bored. It's a bit like perfume, I just get the urge to change things now and then. :02.47-tranquillity:

Chris

How do I get my profile pic the right way up, please? Whatever I upload, it always ends up on its side! Thanks

Annie,

I believe your profile picture must be no more than 140 x 140 pixels - what size are you trying to upload?

Maurice :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back