• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Austin Somerset

Carolyn Walker

knowlegable brummie
My first car was an Austin Somerset,column change gears,as i am only five feet tall my dad put wooden blocks on the pedals and I sat on about three cushions so I could see through the windscreen,no health and safety then but I suppose not many cars on the road,anyway I'm still driving!!

Delightful cars! My dad bought one shortly after we left Yardley Wood to go and live in Kidderminster. It came from Bryant's garage in central Birmingham; it was grey and the reg was LNP 19. He kept it for over 8 years and was the first car I drove (illegally). My uncle warned him they were a bit lively; top speed 71 mph!

Delightful cars! My dad bought one shortly after we left Yardley Wood to go and live in Kidderminster. It came from Bryant's garage in central Birmingham; it was grey and the reg was LNP 19. He kept it for over 8 years and was the first car I drove (illegally). My uncle warned him they were a bit lively; top speed 71 mph!
a friend had one with a naf engine in the garage. we put a cortina 1600 engine and box into it.it ran quite well. it was a heavy car

Hi,my (now) sister in law had one before she married my brother,used to park it in the side road opposite our house,one morning it would not start & we pushed it for what sees like an hour before she remembered she had removed the rotor arm!:(

Back