• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston - Stechford special

I now live on the Stourbridge Line and at about 10,20pm weekdays, the Tesco train from South Wales to Daventry passes my local station and I know that its onward route is Galton Curve, Soho Loop, Aston-Stetchford Line .

curly posted Nov 16, 2021
index.php

tommoco i could have been there too standing by you:grinning:

curly posted Nov 16, 2021
index.php

tommoco i could have been there too standing by you:grinning:

Yes, amazing isn't it, thinking of that now in 2023, when at the time we would never have dreamed of it being a treasured memory in later life. To think 'where's the time gone!'
As a Ward end Park goer you would know that to the left of the group of watchers the hill dropped steeply to where the brook from Southalls ran along, then into the 'cattle-creep' type of small tunnel under the embankment and into the lake. It is that embankment that I remember clearly being made from some form of light coal-like stone - I hope someone does know what it was.

Back