• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston History

Michael_Ingram

gone but not forgotten
You may (or may not) have noticed that I have not been very active on the forum recently. I have been spending the last few weeks redesigning and rebuilding John Houghton's Aston history web site. I relaunched the site last night. There are still some loose ends to tie up but you will still find it at:
https://www.astonbrook-through-astonmanor.co.uk/

I hope you like it
Mike

Hi Mike

I've just had a quick look at the redesigned site, and it looks great. You have done an excellent job. I am looking forward to browsing through it later today as it looks as though it is easier to find your way around now. Well done :)

Judy

Excellent redesign Mike--you wouldnt like to do ours would you?

Did miss you Mike. You've done a great job on the Aston History site. Looking forward to spending lots of time on there.
Thanks again.

Well done Mike have been across and had a good look. Will it have a forum part where you can join and post photo's of Brums history etc. Once again very well done. Jean.

Many thanks folks. There is no forum Jean as we have this one, but there is a guest book with a link to it on the front page. We would welcome any personal stories and pictures though, to include on the site

Hi Mike

Just had a look at the revised site and it looks fantastic, very professional. I have a soft spot for the site as it was the catalyst that got me digging into my family's history.

Congratulations to Mike and John for producing a very presentable web site. It must have been an awful lot of work, but I'm sure we all think it well worth their effort. In the circumstances, I agree it's a good idea to drop the forum facilitity, seeing what sometimes happens. It is such a pity that people don't know how to enjoy themselves withou upsetting others. We must keep history alive.
Peter

WELL DONE TO YOU BOTH -WONDERFUL.

Only just had a quick glance (haven't had time for a good mooch) but it looks absolutely FANTASTIC.

Looked at the pubs icon (vested interest) and was well pleased that the pub my great grandparents owned/manged -
The Golden Lion - 43 Clifton Road, Aston - was listed.

Will have a good look tomorrow.

Great work you guys.

Regards

hi mike. may i once again add my thank you for all the work and effort i know you have put into the site. to have my story and famiy pictures on is wonderful and i just know this is going to make mom and dads day.

thank you again

lyn:):):)

Thanks for your words about the new site much appreciated, let's not forget all the work Rod and Keith helped me with in the build up of the old Aston site, now a new era as started Mike and myself will keep up the standards that made the old site as popular as it was.
John Houghton

Congratulations to Mike and John for the redesigned site, it is excellent. I particularly like the sepia photos and colouring on the front page. Now it is up to us to add new "old" stories, I haven't seen Wales' contribution yet, but will have a browse later. Again many thanks to Mike for his technical know-how, and to John who created the site in 2002 with help from Rod and Keith.

It's just great to see the old site with a new look and new content. A big thank you to all concerned including contributers. Brilliant!:)

Mike I did miss you, but had an idea that was where you were :)
As Wendy said "It's just great to see the old site with a new look and new content".
A big thank you for everyone's efforts over the years and I'm glad the site has found a new lease of life.
We have a great number of new members on the forum who like Wales (Lynn), may have new stories and photo's to add to the site.

Chris/Pom :angel:

Many thanks Chris. Lyn sent us something on the first day of relaunch and ist is now on the site. We certainly do welcome material

Just had a quick look, it looks great. All the hard work shows, thank-you. Will have an extended look soon.

Bill.

Back