• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Hall visit

I am currently organising a Historical Day trip around Forum members stately Homes for Froth and myself, but it depends if we can get Government backing or failing that a Lottery Grant.

This also depends on getting the Canoes, Land Rovers and Porters and 2 bottles of HP Sauce made in Aston which I understand is almost impossible to find.:cool:

Gosh we have more fantastic artists on this forum than I ever thought I'd get the pleasure to see...:cool: Well done Eric and a great pic' of you Lyn.:)

Alf I have two bottles in my Kitchen...:p Make a stately visit here and I'll make you a 'Sarnie' with some on...:D

HP Sauce made in Aston which I understand is almost impossible to find

alf
i will do you a big fry up
and supply all the trimming and a big corn beef ash to follow
what time are you coming around i will heat up the oven now
have a nice day alf best wishes astonian ;;;

oh thats it froth...tell all why dont you:D:Dok you asked to see it so here it is...sorry about the flash back....and before you say owt froth i know its not level...lol...it is now...

lyn

oh thats it froth...tell all why dont you:D:Dok you asked to see it so here it is...sorry about the flash back....and before you say owt froth i know its not level...lol...it is now...

lyn

Personally I wouldn't have used a flash:)

didnt mean to froth...it just flashed by itself...:rolleyes: must be something wrong with the camera...

lyn:)

Lyn, most digi cameras are usually set to Auto flash, which you can over ride if you wish. Also Lyn watercolours are usually framed with a mount round them, I have attached a pic of a corner of my studio to show what I mean. This sounds a bit critical but its certainly not meant to be, just a friendly comment, and in the end its what you like, and yours looks very presentable with out anyway . Eric

Last edited:
hi eric...of course i dont mind you advising me....how else will i learn...i get the picture now...lol.....i will search for the correct frame..take a snap of it again and post it for your approval....

ps..yer studio looks nice...

lyn...:):)

Hello Lyn,
Apart from turning off the flash, (sometimes it's needed), the other way is to stand at a slight angle to the subject so that the flash does not register in the glass.
Nice picture by cookie.

morning john..thanks for that tip....i shall remember that one...

cheers..

lyn:):)

lyn
Nice Lyn one question where are all the other ancestor's:D

morn alf..they are all hung up the stairs....:D had no more space to i had to go in the living room...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lyn

Right Lyn, I've been hung on the stairs a few times. or is that Hung over :D

Back