• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Hall visit

cookie273uk

master brummie
normal_Lyn_(Astoness)_2009_001.JPG
normal_Main_Hall%2C_Aston_Hall.JPG
2 paintings of my very enjoyable visit to Aston Hall with forum members on July 25
(1) Corner of Great Hall
(2) Lyn by Fire Place

Last edited:
Cookie - I remember seeing the photoes and if these really are your paintings - you are a marvel - what a gift you have. Miriam.:0314::2215:

Al Banner, They certainly are my paintings, the first one is painted from one of my photos, but the one of Lyn is painted from Lyns photo which appealed to me. I don't normally paint known people in my paintings, that is go for a likeness, so it was a sort of challenge.
Eric

Last edited:
ohh eric....what can i say....i am truely filling up here..ive had one member phone me and another txt me to say look at what cookie has posted about you....and i thought oh god what have i done now....:D:D thank you so much it is absolutely wonderful and i feel privilaged that an artist such as yourself even considered painting me....i will have to print this off and frame it and hang it on the wall.....

thank you again...:):) ps you even got the forum badge in..

lyn..xxxxx

you are the envy of us all lyn :)

well you deserve it as you organised the trip. i bet you feel like lady diana!

:D:D

chris right now i feel a thousand times more than that....i cant stop smiling...:):):):):):):):):):)

you are the envy of us all lyn :)

well you deserve it as you organised the trip. i bet you feel like lady diana!

:D:D

I'm so jealous. I only wanted a painting of the Lad in the lane and you got yourself:(
Good luck to you, fantastic painting, well done Eric, She deserves it:):thumbsup:

chris right now i feel a thousand times more than that....i cant stop smiling...:):):):):):):):):):)

Thank you all once again for kind remarks, I was just lucky in getting a likeness, portraiture is my worst subject so I rarely touch it, (I leave it to people like Keith) its just that I found this pic appealed to me as a painter so "I had a go" .
PS Frothy, I will try "lad in the Lane" pub, but I have to have a feeling for the subject Eric

eric has just kindly offered to send me this wonderful painting as a gift...there is no need for me to say how touched i am at his generosity and i hope in time to come it will be something my children will cherish...with this painting and the cilla one keith gave me last year it dont get any better....thank you both very much:):):)

lyn..

eric has just kindly offered to send me this wonderful painting as a gift...there is no need for me to say how touched i am at his generosity and i hope in time to come it will be something my children will cherish...with this painting and the cilla one keith gave me last year it dont get any better....thank you both very much:):):)

lyn..

Don't get selling it on ebay Lyn:D:D

Don't go hanging it in the Loove and calling it the Mona Lyna:)

Because its a lovely present:)

lol alf....and yes it is indeed a lovely unexpected present....sorry froth i meant to remind you where the aston hall visit thread had been moved to....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

hang on froth.....you never said before that you could draw...thats really good....hope maggie sees it...

lyn:):):)

its not boasting froth..its sharing a talent with your friends....dont worry i wont be adding my efforts....i can barely draw a cat.....:D:D:D

This is my charcoal piece of Lyn and Maggie I done earlier:rolleyes:lol

I THINK THIS IS A CON. theres no way youve done that frothy...is there??

i think youve done it on the computer:grinsmile:

blimey lyn, everybodys sitting at home drawing pictures of you. you must have made quite an impression :p

very lucky to be receiving that painting. something to treasure always

I THINK THIS IS A CON. theres no way youve done that frothy...is there??

i think youve done it on the computer:grinsmile:

blimey lyn, everybodys sitting at home drawing pictures of you. you must have made quite an impression :p

very lucky to be receiving that painting. something to treasure always

WHAT!! me conning people, never. Oh alright I did:D

frothy..in all the time i have known you you still have the ablility to pull the wool over the preverbial eyes...i did wonder though:rolleyes::rolleyes: so take this...:headhit::headhit::headhit: mind you i still like it so there...:p

lyn

I think that was the 60s night Froth one of the first meet ups:)

hi folks...just to let you all know that the painting eric so kindly gave me arrived on tuesday morning...i had the frame ready and waiting and its now hanging proudly on me wall...:):):)

thank you eric you are a very kind man....

lyn:):)

Lets see it then Lyn:)

Hanging on your wall or we might have to organise a members trip for a day out looking around your stately Home what you say Froth?

Last edited:
lol alf....organise a trip to me house..what are you like..:D:D got to go out soon but i will take a pic of it later on and post it for you all to see....

lyn:):)

ps...dont rope frothy into anything..he dont need much encouragment.....:rolleyes:

Back