• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Hall Closure - NOW RE-OPENED

Re: Aston Hall Closure

Thanks Maggie I did hear but couldn't remember. Was in the kitchen though honest. Jean.

G.G. again pass on that one,

you do ask some hard Questions :):):):):)

that was over 3hrs ago :):)

Sorted (smile)

Maggie pipped you to the post Dave. It was a good revue on the news wasn't it?. Jean.

G.G. yes was good, on the list :)

Glad to see the long wooden floor again :)

Also on the box earlier the Cannon Ball damage :(

also that floor again :)

ASTON HALL opens again on saturday it was on the news last night:Dancedancer08::Dancedancer08:AT LAST

Thanks Alf I remembered the head being chopped off but not the name of the king. Hope you enjoyed your supper Jean.

Sylviasayers rightly says there was a bowling green to the left of the hall. This was for club usage. Does anyone remember the public one! If you were to stand with your back to the hall at the rear and look down the garden, there are some steps at the far end. These steps led down to another bowling green. A friend and I played on that green once during the late 1950's. If you look on Google maps it is still there although it now appears to have a herbaceous border in the middle of it. Oh by the way the rumours about a secret passage to the parish church were proved untrue. I lived on Bevington Road from 1952 to 1960 and played in the park many times. My best friend lived further down on the odd numbered side which backed onto the park. Had some fun in the dark around the park after it closed for the night. Always managed to avoid the park keeper.
Hopefully the works will be a great improvement.
Ryan.

Any one remember the BAND STAND in the middle of what became the Bowling Green on the side of the Hall???????

Yes Baron I used the Bowling Green a few times years ago, but who will fix Peter Pan:rolleyes:

Aston Hall has now been totally refurbished including the grounds, went to the candlelight evening on the 3rd December 2009, excellent tour well organised, this runs from 3rd to the 12th December, concessions £8 each free parking, need to book as it is timed tours.
Regards Chris B

I visited the Aston Hall first day of opening after renavation . the people were dressing up in the costumes
firing the cannons across the park. it was a very interesting day. it is well worth a visit.

Me and my daughter went there a couple of months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Back