• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Church Institution Villa St Lozells

thanks viv and pedro...some good information to ponder i...viv it did occur to me that the villa st chapel was defunct due to st silas church being so close by in church st/st silas square...very pleased to say the church is still in use

The memorial window to the Rev Walton was installed at St Silas, I wonder if it is still there ?

The map below c1848, derived from the tithe map, shows villa st down to the Hockley Brook. The equivalent Birmingham map shows no buildings in the are immediately below the brook, just a gridline of streets. The only building on this map that I think might fit the drawing is that marked in red close to the corner of nursery terrace

map c1889 showing possible earlier site of Aston institution.jpgvilla st. c1848 down to hockley brook..jpg

thanks mike possibly a stones throw from my house then..here you can see a truck then a car would think it was roughly by the car outside the white signage which i think was singletons..sweet shop next door which i used a lot

villa st 1.jpg

Back