• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ask

carolina

master brummie
Can someone please help as when I go into my search engine which is ASK I get several answers come up to my question but nothing happens when I click onto individual answers to get any further. Therefore, I cant even get an answer to this very question, so I know someone will be able to help me on here. Carol

Janice I have just tried on Yahoo and exactly the same, the sites come up and I click on but nothing happens. I wonder if I must have inadvertently turned something off or on as it was okay yesterday.

Two things worth doing. 1 check Chrome is up to date. 2 run whatever malware/virus scanner you have.
I've not seen anything that would block links but if the browser is really old, it might fail to recognise them and there are several sorts of malware that will subvert links for various purposes.
It might also be worth trying the site for your original search ask.com(?) and seeing if you get the same answer/problem on the site rather than just using the search bar.

Does it work on hyperlinks from this site?? If it is not working on any browser then I suspect it might be the mouse. Perhaps you have disabled "right click" somehow? I need to look how that can be checked.

Janice

I can get onto Ask.com but it comes up with a search engine which when I put a question in, again I click onto answers but nothing happens. My laptop is touchscreen. I can touch anything else (!!) but its just the next stage after when websites come onto the screen that nothing happens. Could it be anything to do with Add-ons do you think?

I have found a way of getting round it. Right click on website and click on open. So somewhere along the line I have lost the automatic click on opening with touchscreen or mouse on laptop.

I have a touchscreen laptop but as I am not keen on using the screen I use a wireless mouse. You can find the settings in "control panel" - where that is depends on your version of Windows. I don't know how you can "lose" things accidentally but I had a problem yesterday with Google which I am sure I had not caused.

Janice

Back