• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ARTISS Edwin and Violet SHINE nee ARTISS

Mike Fisher

Billesley Boy
Can some kind person tell me if Edwin ARTISS is still living at 4 Raddlebarn Rd after the 1911 census.
I have death for an Edwin ARTISS in Conway in 1922 so if he is still there after 1922 it's not him.

In 1931 Violet Florence SHINE (Edwin's daughter) comes back from Canada giving her address as 4 Raddlebarn Rd, her husband Joseph Laurence SHINE dies in 1974 in Birmingham but I can find no death for Violet, she was born in 1901.

Any details of the occupants of 4 Raddlebarn Rd gratefully received.

Re: Edwin ARTISS and Violet SHINE nee ARTISS

4 Raddlebarn Road is not listed in 1920 in the online rolls
1922-5930 Anne & Edwin Ezekiel Artiss
1930 Anne, Lydia Ellen & Olive Elizabeth Artiss
1935 Lydia Ellen & Olive Hilda Elizabeth Artiss
1939 May & Walter Henry Freer
Mike

Re: Edwin ARTISS and Violet SHINE nee ARTISS

Ah Edwin Ezekial is the son and no sign of Edwin, so I will get the Conway certificate.

Thanks

I am glad you solved the mystery Mike but also sorry it was such a sad result. Poor Edwin falling into a well and how horrible for the family not knowing where he was for 5 years. Thanks for letting us know - it is always nice to know the ending of a 'story' - I just wish it was a happier one.

Back