• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Around the city

mags29.jpg Former Public Library, Green Lane, Small Heath, c 1895. if i recall the swimming baths in Green Lane, were next to it along with the washing baths, and Wimbushes factory was to the left of the picture.

mags11.jpg mags14.jpg A couple of pics from Cotteridge. 1. A horse drawn milkfloat, Station Rd c1937. 2. Electric Tram, Pershore Rd c1912.

mags28.jpg The Beaufort Cinema, Coleshill Rd, Ward End 1931. I used to go here quite often, also the Capital Cinema, shown on previous post. I think the Beaufort is a Bingo Hall now.

smashing postcards FT..love the alum rock road one and i think the steam tram on birchfield road is outside the library..

cheers

lyn

mags5.jpg Sheldon Hall, Gressel Lane, Sheldon. 1953. I went there for a meal a few weeks ago, but it does not look so grand as it does in this picture.

Lovely Photos - Thank you so much for sharing.
Can't find much about Hall Green on here so really, really appreciated these.
Thanks again

No, not really. I just enjoy browsing the old photos and wondered if anyone had any of Hall Green or could suggest where I could look.
I am not trying to cause waves as I enjoy this forum so much.

No, not really. I just enjoy browsing the old photos and wondered if anyone had any of Hall Green or could suggest where I could look.
There are 24 photos (approx) with Hall Green in their titles in the Old Streets thread, links below to some posts where the photos are .....
5 Hall Green Baldwins Lane Shops. 1134
Hall Green Robin Hood Lane 1956. 1135
3 Hall Green Highfield Rd (2). 1220
6 Hall Green Stratford Rd Highfield Rd. 1221
11 Hall Green Stratford Rd Cateswell Cafe. 1222

thank you both and thank you Mohawk for the links.
I am still exploring this forum and tend to start with the day's posts and work through those threads. I have certainly learnt a lot about my City.
I shall now 'pop' off and explore 'Old Streets'.
thanks again

Back