• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Army Pay Corps

LindaJenkins

knowlegable brummie
Can anyone tell me what the Army Pay Corps were. I have a picture of my dad in a uniform. He looks extremely young. He was born in 1930. The picture looks like its from 1945-1950. He never told me he was in any type of military organization. Thanks ~ Linda

View attachment 70534My handsome daddy :)

ok. well thanks. Dad didn't ever say he was an accountant either. Although his school record when he was 9 said his math skills were excellent! :)
Hi Linda, Your Dad would have been called up for National Service in 1948 at 18
years of age.The Pay Corps did what it says on the tin, they payed out the wages,
all 28 shillings of it to the troops.Most of them were pay clerks.I was born in
1930 as was, Clint Eastwood, Rolf Harris, Neil Armstrong, Steve McQueen Gene
Hackman, Sean Connery and Ray Charles. nice to talk to a pretty girl again,
Bernard

Hi Linda, Your Dad would have been called up for National Service in 1948 at 18
years of age.The Pay Corps did what it says on the tin, they payed out the wages,
all 28 shillings of it to the troops.Most of them were pay clerks.I was born in
1930 as was, Clint Eastwood, Rolf Harris, Neil Armstrong, Steve McQueen Gene
Hackman, Sean Connery and Ray Charles. nice to talk to a pretty girl again,
Bernard

Oh Bernard,
You are too kind. :beam: I would say you are in pretty good company with the fine men you listed. Thanks for the info on my Dad.

~ Linda

Back