• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Archive Footage

formula t

master brummie
I dont know if its been on before,but i came across a site with old footage of bimingham town centre in 1935 it also has footage from London. And some old railway film it was on Brian Trengerry Archive Its worth a look. Formula t.

Albion, You have got it one, King George & Queen Mary`s Silver Jubilee 1935, we kids at the time were give a Cadbury chocolate bar in a souvenir tin & a mug. Len.

Wonderful "Birmingham 1935" film! Full of historical interest, not least public transport: a couple of new Midland Red FEDDs (Front Entrance Double Deckers), Birmingham Corporation trams and buses, one of W Hunter's "De-Luxe Coaches" (can't quite make out the address). Thanks for the link!

The Birmingham one is certainly of interest in 1935
Lots of flag waving for some reason. Street scenes with trams, buses and other vehicles. Not sure where though. What road was Kean and Scott Ltd Furniture Store? Possibly Corporation Street?
The shop was in Corporation Street, I worked in the Accounts Office in 1966 which was in Blucher Street.

Back