• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Anyone heard of Helynge Street, Aston

KarenHD

The birth certificate for my great grandfather gives the place of birth as Marmon Peace (Place not Peace I assume), Helynge Street. The father (the informant) residence is 5 Watery Lane, Aston. I can't find any reference to a Helynge Street - has anyone heard of it?

Do you have a date for the birth? A name might help as there could be a baptism record. Thanks.

This is great info thank you - I have found relatives who were living in Kelynge Street in the 1881 census, and couldn't find any mention of Kelynge Street anywhere (unsurprisingly) but know Garrison Lane and Tilton Road from my youth. I seem to have quite a few roots in the Aston/Deritend/Small Heath parts of Birmingham (especially in the 1800's).
The Kelynge Street connection was one William Harvett, a tin stamper, who is a great-great grandfather on my maternal side.

Hi,

Nice to see my old place 8/67 Tilton Road on the map in Janice's post #5.

Does anyone know when those back houses were built?

Kind regards
Dave

Back