• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Annie Murray

KathyP

master brummie
I've, recently read a few books by this writer and wondered if, given the enormous amount of knowledge that forum members have about Birmingham and its history, whether anyone had helped her with research?

Kathy, Annie is a member of our forum and often visits us. I am a big fan of her books and loved the last one I read, All The Days Of Our Lives a brilliant read about three girls who met in a Birmingham classroom in the 1930's.

I had the pleasure of meeting Annie Murray last week when she gave a very interesting talk at my local library. I took the opportunity to buy A hopscotch summer and All the Days of our Lives. I read Soldier Girl a while ago (the middle book of that trilogy - trust me to read them in the wrong order). I'm looking forward to reading them - but I need to start them when I have plenty of time as once I start I know I won't be able to put them down.
During the talk Annie showed us her new book - it's called 'Meet me under the clock' and has a picture of the old Snow Hill station clock on the front. I think it comes out in February. The book after that will be 'War babies' about people born during the war. I am not sure when that one will be out but I am looking forward to reading them too.

Back