• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Alf's Nursery Cottage

cookie273uk

master brummie
Alf_s_Nursery_Cottage_001.JPG
normal_Alf_s_Nursery_Cottage_001.JPG
Alf's pic showing the cottage in a winter setting appealed to me so I "had a go", I might have another go to see if I can improve it, this subject really appeals to me. Eric

Last edited:
Eric that is wonderful I know Alf will love it you are so talented!

An excellent picture eric, makes me feel like turning the heater up a notch. Talented indeed. All the best formula t.

Thats wonderful Eric, as Dennis says "you are very talented".

It's great Eric. Alf will love it. We are surrounded by snow and the temp is -10. Alf's Nursery Cottage fits right in to the mood here. Vancourites are in a panic..... snow should stay on local mountains. Heard it is -26 in Edmonton and they are used to that. Thanks for posting Eric.

yet another masterpiece eric...i do wish i had even half the talent you have got...

lyn

Alf's pic showing the cottage in a winter setting appealed to me so I "had a go", I might have another go to see if I can improve it, this subject really appeals to me. Eric
That's wonderful Eric what can I say how could I refuse I sent you a IM.View attachment 61056 Here is one that one of our local artist did about 10 years ago

Sorry Alf when I click on your attachment it says "Invalid Attachment specified if you followed a valid link please notify the Administrator" , also no IM received todate. Eric

Last edited:
I found another photo of Nursery Cottage when it was two, for the Farm workers it was built in 1859 and each one had a small Kitchen 2 Bedrooms and a small Lounge. 40 years ago it was made in to one with a office to the right which is now my study.

View attachment 61074

Last edited:
Good evening, Alf,
I tried to view your wonderful home yesterday evening ...... but couldn't get in.
I tried your links in Posts #15 and #17 again a short time ago ..... to no avail. I've even experimented with both Internet Explorer and Firefox ...... unsuccessfully.
Perhaps Mike could explain his setup so that Jean, Dek and I can see what we feel we've missed! D.

Hello there, Mike, marvellous to see your little green light on again after the awful scare. I hope you're following everybody's advice and taking things easily. Great to see you back. How come you can see Alf's link and we can't? Is it a perk of being on Admin.? :rolleyes: Only joking. Get well soon, David

Thanks, Mike. I can't get it to work with good-old XP. I wonder if the problem lies there? Sincere best wishes, D.

IE8 on Windows 7 and get the warning notice.

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Back