• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Alders George and Catherine

Matahari

knowlegable brummie
Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help, Catherine and George Alders were the parents of my great grand mother Annie Amelia, who married Benjamin Guest, the couple married around the early 1860's but Birmingham Registry Office houses no marriage details about them. Catherine's maiden name was Stuart, is there anyone who may have any connections with that side of the family who can give me some information, because right now I feel I have hit a brick wall.

Thanks.:confused2:

Re: George and Catherine Alders

Have you seen this one?
Marriages Sep 1869
George ALLDERS Aston 6d 411
Catherine Steward Aston 6d 411

I had, the only thing is, that it doesnt quite fit in with my great grandmothers, birth records which was 10th March 1867, and, in the 1881 Census there is an 18 year old Frederick Alders which would make him born about 1863, is he uncle or brother....? thanks for looking.

I think Frederick is the son,Robert F from the 1871 census?
George and Catherine may not have married till after the birth of the eldest children.
Do you have the birth certificates of the older children?

I had considered that, myself, because, Robert doesnt seem to be lurking in 1881 and Frederick isnt lurking in 1871 So they could be one and the same, might stick my neck out abit.

Yes I have, but I am not sure about it, thing is I cant find any birth records either.

Back