• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Albert Road Juniour & Infant School

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
Does anyone have any information/photographs on Albert Road Junior & Infant School in Aston (it may have been referred to as Prince Albert Junior & Infant?) Mabz

Keith Pete and his three brothers did attend the school and someone else I know on the forum. Will be phoning around Saturday as Pete hasn't any only one of himself taken at school. He has one of the boys club though if that is of any use?. Jean.

I attended Prince Albert from 1951 and recall the following teachers; Mrs McGillicuddy, Mrs Lewis, Mr A.E Evans, Mr J.P.Evans, Mr Neville, Mrs Dixon, Miss Teague the head. She was still the head , when many years later Ca 1972, my wife started teaching there. Miss Teague was superseded by Mr J.P Evans who I had the pleasure of meeting with my wife. He recalled my footballing and cricket prowess rather than any academic genius. I have a couple of photo's of the school football and cricket teams if interested. There is a previous thread on Prince Albert, with a lot of info on.

Dave you were the person I was on about in an earlier post. I thought you had attended the school. Must phone Mervin later. Jean.

Pic of 4B in 1932. Albert Road, Aston, Birmingham.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 21
Great Photo SKI, some of those boys would have died in the war, and they all look quite prosperous to my school.
paul

I believe Aston was a bit 'posh' in those days. Glad you like it and yes sad to think of them like that.

Back