• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Albert david little

Missy74

knowlegable brummie
hi im looking for anyone who has information on the shenley fields cottages home in northfield birmingham around the 1930-1940 mark.
In particular information on Albert david Little 1925-1996.
I know his mother died in 1930 at a young age i think this was the reason for his entry to said home.
I can only find one reference to this which is the 1939 england and wales register.

There are a number of threads with queries about Shenley Fields. A quick look seems to suggest that there are records but are closed for a hundred years. The last post in one thread mentions Albert...

Father appears to die in 1937. The only one of his siblings I can see on the 1939 register seems to be in Cropwood Open Air School. There's a thread about that also...

Father appears to die in 1937. The only one of his siblings I can see on the 1939 register seems to be in Cropwood Open Air School. There's a thread about that also...

i wonder if that was his brother ernest, thank you for your help im reading thru the threads now and ive just ordered the mentioned book from amazon.

i wonder if that was his brother ernest, thank you for your help im reading thru the threads now and ive just ordered the mentioned book from amazon.
yes his father charles albert little did die in 1937. I have traced his father and have a full time line for him.
albert himself thou i have a huge gap between 1925 and 1939 when he is listed in the cottage homes.

It was a sister, Rose.

Ernest may have been at the same place as Albert but his record closed because he was born less than 100 years ago.

Sadly, there are not a lot of records available for this period except ERs which he won't appear on and any school records will be closed until 100 years have elapsed.

It was a sister, Rose.

Ernest may have been at the same place as Albert but his record closed because he was born less than 100 years ago.

Sadly, there are not a lot of records available for this period except ERs which he won't appear on and any school records will be closed until 100 years have elapsed.
hi yes thank you i have since found this record which lead me to find the adopted son of rose and her husband albert ernest miller :)
His wife is going to send me some pictures
thanks so much

Back