• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Acocks Green Station

It is interesting that the line still exists, albeit for freight. I understand the new tram system is scheduled to go through Digbeth and Deritend - not sure where after that, but it could eventually use the Camp Hill line for the route spoken about here. That might ease the Cross City route which causes delays to the Cross Country trains which use the present line from Bromsgrove into New Street. Maybe someone closer to the 'action' can keep tracks :Dof all this.

Yes the widening at Acocks Green to Olton was carried out as specified, Henry Lovatt began this widening in 1905 for the GWR. The GWR station building on the road dates from this period. The Olton to Lapworth widening was conducted later. Bordesley Station was moved to the present site with the Lovatt work. The original Bordesley station was north of the Coventry Road over bridge opposite the Trinity Street goods depot.

Rode me bloody bike, past that few times from Yardley, going to visit an aunt in Acocks Green a few times in the 1950s What happened to the cinema that was in Acocks Green past the roundabout?

Oldbrit

It's still there but it's mainly a bowling alley now

(Mod's sorry for the off topic reply).

You can get the 11A or 11C past the station. Currently there is on going roadworks nearby.

Has any one seen the Class 172 (so far only 172 339) in purple? Seen in December 2017 from the new lift bridge.

Back