• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

A sorrow Shared

sparks

knowlegable brummie
A few words I wrote to my daughter following the sudden death of our 21 year old grandson

A Sorrow Shared

If I could take away your sadness and add it to mine, I would.

If I could take away your tears and add them to mine, I would.

If I could help you cope with the past and look to the future, I would

But sadly, none of these things can I do.

All the healing has to come from within you.

But if you can find a way to see your future clear.

Then maybe I may never need to shed another tear.

Maybe the daughter I used to know will come back to me.

We will see.

Love Dad

Sorry for your family's loss. I hope that sharing will help ease the pain a little.
Beautiful words you wrote to your daughter.

Ann

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 26159
You were here and gone so quickly,
For a moment in time, so happy and free,

Like a barnacle, in our heart, forever will stick,
You may be gone, but forgotten, that will never be!.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very nice Beryl. :)

I didn't know attachments need to be approved. :rolleyes: I will have to come back and look at it later. :)Mo

Sparks, I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope in time your daughter will return to her old self. Mo

Last edited:
heart felt sorrow and prayers, i only knew my grand daughter for 9 weeks sudden death syndrome it does get easier, however they will always be missed x

annie

Thank you all for your kind comments. Many people may not realise that grandparents often suffer a double loss. Not only their grandchild, but their happy and carefree son or daughter.

I am so sorry to hear about your terrible loss. You seem like a close family and I am sure this will help you all through this awful time. My heart goes out to you all.

sparks..i too would like to add my deepest sympathy to you and all your family at this very sad time.....

astoness

Sparks, I am so sorry to hear of your family's very sad and terrible loss. I am sure your daughter found comfort in your beautiful words.

Judy

Sparks, my thoughts are with you and your daughter. I am sure that her loss has been comforted by your sincere and beautiful words. Mabz

So sorry to hear your sad news. I am sure your words will be a comfort for your daughter in time. It must be so hard for you. My friend lost her only son 10 years ago very suddenly and has said the pain doesn't go away, but somehow you cope with the loss. My thoughts are with you all.
Rustie

When You feel Lonely
When a person you love passes away
Look to the night sky on a clear day.
The star that to you, appears to be bright,
Will be your loved one,
Looking upon you during the night.
The lights of heaven are what shows through
As your loved one watches all that you do.
When you feel lonely for the one that you love,
Look to the Heavens in the night sky above.

for

Thinking of you. I too know how you feel .A tragedy like this affects the whole family and is very hard to deal with.

Sparks, may I too send my condolences to your family. The poem is very special and written from the heart. I hope that your daughter will understand
your great loss on both counts very soon. Thoughts and prayers go out to you at this very sad time.

Back