• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Baptism look up please.

sheronb

master brummie
A Richard or Burnard Battle, he changes his name, no birth reg for him to be found!! He was born abt 1859,father was Thomas, mother Mary Ann Turner, siblings were William born abt 1853, Mary Ann, abt 1862, James abt 1864, Elizabeth abt 1870, and Rebecca 25/12/1874. This is really a long shot, the parents were married at St Martins in 1880,(i think, hard to read marriage cert, and were living at Rea St) Many thanks!!

sorry got confused! Richard/Burnard was married there in 1880!! As Richard Battle to Ellen clark.

Sheronb, sorry I could find no record for Richard or Bernard Battle's baptisam at St Martins. I did find another Battle marriage; May 31st 1903.
Joseph Arthur Smallwood, 23, batch, brass caster, 1 Barford St father John Smallwood deceased.
Florence Battle,20,spin,brass polisher,I Barford St, father Richard Battle. galvaniser.
Witnesses Richard Hewitt and Rosanna Welch.

I presume this would be Richards daughter.

Hi Momma!!

Thank you for that! Thats Richards daughter, i didnt have that marriage!! See he's calling himself Richard then!! On his marriage he is Richard, on his sons birth, James Henry, my great grandfather, he is Burnard!! They do it to confuse us!!:D

Momma P, was the 1880 marriage not there? Of Richard and Ellen Clark, it looked like St Matins,I will have to get someone to look at it! see if they can read it!

Yes it was, sorry I thought you had the certificate. Do you want the details?

Thank you Mamma P, yes i had the cert, but was unsure if it was St Martins they married at, but thanks to you, i now know! The writing was unclear. Well he's not baptised there, so how many more churches to go??:D One day.......................

Back