• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

87 Cornwall Street

Lady Penelope

master brummie
I'm researching a family called Lefevre who lived at Broadfields House, Sutton Coldfield (the house is on another thread). Louisa Lefevre died in 1927 and although her address is still Broadfields she died at 87 Cornwall Street, Birmingham. Can anyone help with what was at this address in 1927 please? I've looked at the 1911 census and 1939 register but found no clue there. It seems strange that someone living at Broadfields should die in Cornwall Street unless it was a nursing home or something similar. (I've sent for her will in the hope that it might show the fate of the house).

No 87 in 1921 Kellys is occupied by two surgeons and two dentists. In the 1932 edition it houses a sugeon, a physician, a pathologist and two dentists. So there might be medical reasons for her dying there

No 87 in 1921 Kellys is occupied by two surgeons and two dentists. In the 1932 edition it houses a sugeon, a physician, a pathologist and two dentists. So there might be medical reasons for her dying there
so thats cornwall st in the city centre mike....pen i take it you have got her death cert giving cause of death. ?

lyn

Samuel Lefevre of Broadfields, Wylde Green, Sutton Coldfield reported to have left gross estate of £13,752.
(Kenilworth Advertiser March 1915.)

Lyn, I've sent for her will from the government website and that of her husband. I don't want to go to the expense of sending for a death certificate as it's really the house that I'm interested in. It just seemed strange but much clearer now I know who lived there thanks to Mike.
so thats cornwall st in the city centre mike....pen i take it you have got her death cert giving cause of death. ?

lyn

Robert Henry Evans of Broadfields, Wylde Green, Sutton Coldfield reported to have left a net personalty of £16,877
I haven't noticed this name before Pedro - do you have a date please?
Although my visit to the library was a bit of a trial I did manage to get a map and have now got the date of Broadfields existence forward to 1927. I know that the access road, and probably the shops, were there by the late 20's so that narrows things down. I was hoping that by finding family papers they may have been a photo of the house but no luck so far.

Back