• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

800 + Midland Red Piccys

Hmm, I only uploaded it this morning! I didn't think it would be publicly available yet.
Not all my pics, just want somewhere to save them in case the PC crashes - too many to lose (again)!

LLoyd ........while viewing your album, something was telling me
that someone here might have something to do with it.
theyre a great set of photos i must say , thank you .
ragga :)

Thank You. I also have a box full of postcard size pictures I've collected over the years (some of which are scanned onto the PC file, so on that site).
In my file they are in date order, fotopic has rearranged them into a haphazard order unfortunately.

Lloyd I can understand not wanting to lose them if pc takes a dive there is a lot of valuable stuff you have collected over the years I know How I felt after spending a lot of time and effort building up my music files and then losing them that was bad enough but fortunately all or most of it I can get Back but some of the stuff you have .. well... I imagine is irreplaceable..if I lost That:cry::cry:.. Thanks For sharing it:)

Lloyd I have the same problem with Key Hill stuff. I am now downloading onto CD's and distributing to people who care!:)

They were scans of my collection Mike, sadly some of the original photographers objected to their work being publicly displayed, even though (in many cases) I had bought copies of the photographs from rally sales stalls. Not that I blame them - who would buy if the same photo was available on the internet free? I'm sure you understand, being an (excellent) transport artist yourself.
Your painting of a DHA saloon shows that this batch were the only 'ON' derived class not subjected to total body rebuilds, and kept their original window shapes, decorative trim and interior details until the end of their lives. Oh that one of them could have survived into the preservation era! Sadly none did, of course.

Well Artistmike ........ theres your answer , to be honest i have completely forgot about this thread
until now and what i can remember of them they were an arwsome collection thanks to Lloyd
I do admit i must have downloaded a few of his pics from his collection , they must be on disc
somewhere but, they were for my own use , my memories , and my personnal nostalgia from
when i was a small boy going on to my teenage years . so i can see why Lloyd took them off
line when folk are downloading them , printing them , and selling them on .

They were scans of my collection Mike, sadly some of the original photographers objected to their work being publicly displayed, even though (in many cases) I had bought copies of the photographs from rally sales stalls. Not that I blame them - who would buy if the same photo was available on the internet free? I'm sure you understand, being an (excellent) transport artist yourself.
Your painting of a DHA saloon shows that this batch were the only 'ON' derived class not subjected to total body rebuilds, and kept their original window shapes, decorative trim and interior details until the end of their lives. Oh that one of them could have survived into the preservation era! Sadly none did, of course.

I do understand Lloyd, copyright is a contenious issue with me too, but i'd still love to see those pics!

Yes it is a crying shame that no SONs or DONs made it but there is one saloon in I think Potteries or similar form that was manufactured by BMMO.

Well Artistmike ........ theres your answer , to be honest i have completely forgot about this thread
until now and what i can remember of them they were an arwsome collection thanks to Lloyd
I do admit i must have downloaded a few of his pics from his collection , they must be on disc
somewhere but, they were for my own use , my memories , and my personnal nostalgia from
when i was a small boy going on to my teenage years . so i can see why Lloyd took them off
line when folk are downloading them , printing them , and selling them on .

I do appreciate the owner's taking them down but I use photos as reference and with such an extensive collection as I have of vehicles it is usually the background details that interest me for inclusion into a painting so as to make it more believable.

Well thank you everyone who have posted today, I find that this site so fasinating that I've spent most of the day on it when I should be working!

I'll have to ration my visits or I'll never get anything done so don't think I've died or something if I don't respond for a day or so.

Here's a vehicle you wouldn't see today, 'elf'n'safety would see to that!

//www.redbubble.com/people/artistjeffries/art/5201329-3-birmingham-breakdown-daimler

I have quite a reasonably large collection of coach photos from various dealers and some are probably now quite rare, I have never shared them as I suspect that they are still probably available and the copyright owner would be well within their rights to complain. I store some of my photos that I took on the "Flickr" website and offer them free to copy providing they are just for personal use, not that many would be of interest.

I have noticed others have posted photos that were or are commercially available as I have the same prints in my own collection, I have always thought it a bit norty but never the less quite interesting.

Back