• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

3 back of 90 Little green Lane,

les hancock

master brummie
Hi,

I have purchased a map today(1901 East Birmingham) in a vain attempt to find the above address situated on the said map. Does anyone have a map that might possibly show this address. I know it is between the Library and Millward Street. On the back of the map it states the number 90 is a laundrette.

There are also Schools listed on the map on little green lane between Eversley Rd and Prince Albert Street. Can someone please tell me the name of the school pleaseIMG_0002.jpg

The evidence on this one is a bit mixed. On the c 1889 map below of houses to the east of Arsenal st, nos 92 & 94 are definite. This would seem to make no 90 the one nearer Arsenal st. There is a discrepancy with the number of houses nearer Arsenal st , but I think that no 3 back 90 is probably the house you a re looking for.

map_c_1990_no_3_back_90_little_green_lane.jpg

Thanks for your help Mikejee. For some reason I thought it was the other side, But it looks like my map shows the only the shops etc regardless of which side of the road they are on Where can I get hold of a detailed map like the one you have uploaded?

Les
The map comes from the old maps site at https://www.old-maps.co.uk/index.html, which have a selection of maps of different ages and scales. this is the largest scale, but is only available for large towns and for the first OS survey, which, for birmingham was c1889

Back