• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

1921 Census look-up please...

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
I wonder if someone would be kind enough to do a search for JANE HALE on the 1921 census please??
She was born in West Bromwich but was living in B'ham - Her age should be 67 years 3 months. Many thanks in advance for any info on this "woman of mystery" in my family tree. Skylark.

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to do a search for JANE HALE on the 1921 census please??
She was born in West Bromwich but was living in B'ham - Her age should be 67 years 3 months. Many thanks in advance for any info on this "woman of mystery" in my family tree. Skylark.
i think in most cases you have to pay to view the original 1921 however you can search for free and i note a jane hale in aston b 1862 could that be her

lyn

Last edited:
Thank you Lyn, I will give that a go - the year of birth is out by 8 years but she was known to lie about her name.. so why not her age :) ??
I appreciate your help. Skylark.

Thank you Lyn, I will give that a go - the year of birth is out by 8 years but she was known to lie about her name.. so why not her age :) ??
I appreciate your help. Skylark.
its free to register with find my past and i think its only £2 to be able to view the original and transcript so not expensive

lyn

Me again - no luck with FMP - I tried to register but was "told" that my email address was already registered (of course it was due to me having a subscription many years ago) - any ideas as to how I can progress any further to access the free search?? Regards. Skylark.

If you registered then that account will still be valid. If you have forgotten the password then isn't there a "forgotten password" link?

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Hello Janice - I do have the old password but they now request that a password should contain numbers/ a capital letter etc etc. So the old password will not be accepted ( I think this was one of the reasons I chose to move to Ancestry). Skylark.

Enter your email address and then click on "forgot password". You will then be emailed a link to reset your password to an acceptable one.

Last edited:
Back