• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

1911 Census - Early Release Date

Thanks for that Gillian...
I would be very interested if they do get the 1901 and 1911 one from Ireland online next year. That would possibly fill in some gaps for me.
I've subscribed for more info as it comes out.

P.S. Gillian, I don't think I've met you before. You look (in your avatar) like someone I was at school with....and you're the same age as me.
Erdington Grammar school...70-75.
The Gillian I am thinking of has a twin sister too.

Re: 1911 Census - Early Release Date - Update

Information from Ancestors February 2007 issue......

The government's Information Commissioner has announced that the National Archives must provide certain information in the 1911 Census for England and Wales through the Freedom of Information Act O0.  From 17 January 2007 you will be able to make an FOI request for people living at a particular address, but the complete Census will remain closed until January 2012.  Searches will cost £45 per address checked and you will receive a hard copy of the Census entry.  Personally sensitive information will not be supplied and there will be no search by name.  The £45 fee is not-refundable so be sure to supply accurate information.

to order a search you can fill in an online request form at:

www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/1911census

You must provide the following:
House number/name
Street
town
County

Alternatively, you can print out the form and send it with a cheque made payable to:
The National Archives.

Gillian :crazy2:

PS Mazbeth

Unfortunately  :-[  I'm not the Gillian you remember.  I went to Byng Kendrick Girls Grammar from 1972 to 1976.  It's funny to think that there is someone else out there who looks like me ::)

Gillian  :crazy2:

Back