• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

dennis

master brummie
"1421,The Year China discovered The World"
Author Gavin Menzies,
A real interesting book, he has a website giving more info.....www1421.tv
it puts another slant on life,forget Columnbus,these guy's did the navigation

Glad you caught up with it Dennis, each country is only told their own countries history .....Sad in a way

Dennis.....Gavin Mendiez a Royal Navy Submarine Commanding Officer first went to China in 1937. . After which he joined the Royal Navy … Yes he sailed the world inspired by Columbus and Vasco da Gama - and returned to China and the Far East many times…..However he is not still without his critics……

I am intriqued by the books you read!

Hi Beryl And Cromwell,
my taste of books are very varied,
once I pick up a book, I will read it from cover to cover,
Have you come across...."Berlin, the downfall 1945" by Anthony Beevor.

As you see by the title it's about Germany in the latter days of Natzism
Almost as good as Stalingrad by the same author.

Also The War at Sea 1914-1918 Author Julian Thompson

Back