• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

112 Birmingham to Burton

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
Hi Max, the bus services are in a right mess thanks to Mrs T, when we lived in Burton the Viking service did all round Swad and south derbyshire, a really good
one, the drivers knew all the passangers on first name termsI know that area very
well as I used to take out the Mail to all those small subpos, morning and afternoon.Overseal,Oakthorp, Moria Measham etc. It must be quite a journey by
rail and bus to Donnisthorpe, do you not drive? Bernard

hi.i remember the 112.me and my dad used it on a sat to go pike fishing in fradley.the driver would drop us off right by the bridge,just past the old mill.a midland red single decker.if we missed that it was a x12,derby bus.that brings back memories ta,bernard for post

hi.i remember the 112.me and my dad used it on a sat to go pike fishing in fradley.the driver would drop us off right by the bridge,just past the old mill.a midland red single decker.if we missed that it was a x12,derby bus.that brings back memories ta,bernard for post
My Dad who was a carter on the GWR used to go fishing most Sunday mornings,
there was a local train service, mainly for milk. He went to Barton and Walton station, there was a nice little pub at the side of the canel bridge, cant think of the
name, I was never interested, anyway had my Sunday paper round to do!
Bernard

mwOnjm as you would know, though others might not, the 112 used to go through Aston, Sutton Coldfield, Four Oaks, Shenstone, Lichfield, Fradley, Alrewas to Burton. My uncle lived in The Old Mill at Alrewas and we used to go fishing in 'The Cut'. Wonderful childhood memories are stirred up whenever I visit this site. Regards, David.

Back