• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Kingshurst

Hi Dianne.. I lived on Kingshurst from early 60s to 1975 but mom & dad remained there. Lynne Cartwright lived next door to us & i was good friends with her sister Susan. Lynne lives in Overgreen Drive & works in The Parade. Myself & my brother used to be in the window every Sunday afternoon...
  2. D

Watery Lane

Sheila, I remember Mrs. Gaunts shop well. I lived up one of the entries close by at 4/192 Watery Lane. Have you seen the picture with the kids outside the shop, im sure one of the boys is Ivor Davis who lived at the top of our yard. Great memories. My name is Susan Mustin.
  3. D

Bordesley Park Road

I used to love going into this shop, they sold everything.
  4. D

Watery Lane

Hi Edward. I lived at 4/192 Watery Lane in the yard Do you remember the Mustin family? There were many of us Nan, aunties etc but i lived there from 1956 to 1962 & attended St. Andrews school. I vaguely remember Raymond Griffiths & Ivor Davis lived at the top of our yard. Sue Mustin.
  5. D

Bordesley Park Road

Next to the Old Lodge pub was it the chippy? Anyone remember?
  6. D

Bordesley Park Road

I lived up the yard, under the rail lines, opposite this pub but cant remember the name of it? We then moved, not far, to Watery Lane.
Back