• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Lea Hall Handsworth

Inside one of the cupboards is evidence of the hidden staircase that meant the servants couldn't be seen travelling between the servants' quarters on the second floor (bringing dirty water from the cast bath with no plughole) down to the cellar. The cellar is only half of the ground floor area...
  2. R

faulkner Bros Moseley

Try the Grape Vaults, Broad Street, Leominster (there was one there yesterday)
  3. R

faulkner Bros Moseley

Yesterday I saw one of the jars for the first time ever in the window of The Grape Vaults , Broad Street, Leominster. It was Faulkener Bros (formerly A Broom) Runcorn Road B'ham Botanical Brewers etc and dated 1920. Just wondering if anyone has one of the Faulkner Bros stone demijohns around...
  4. R

Lea Hall Handsworth

Re: Lea Hall - Perry Barr I lived in Lea Hall from birth in 1953 my grandparents had lived there from 1945. I still go there every week and know some of the history, some of it's secrets and some of it's ghost tales.
Back