• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. evergreen

Buccaneer Chester Road

Hi there, After driving down the Chester Road, I was surprised to see that there are houses built on the site of the Buccaneer Pub. It's been quite a few years since I was last there. Does anyone know when the pub was demolished? Many thanks Heather
  2. evergreen

Jess, 1 year old tomorrow 1/8/10

How she has grown
  3. evergreen

How much would it cost now ?

Can anyone help with a query ? I have found a receipt for a headstone in 1903 for £2. 2s plus a flat slab for 5s making a total of £2 7s If I had to buy this now how much would it cost me at todays prices. This has got me stumped. Thanks Heather
  4. evergreen

Pub on Broad Street

Can anyone help with the name of a pub on Broad Street. I used to go with my Grandad when I was little, to his R.A.M.C first world war reunions. The pub was on the corner of a road, on the left hand side, coming from Bearwood, just before the Hall of Memory. Opposite was N.C.R cash...
  5. evergreen

Oldbury 1950 Map. Help Please

Could any of you kind people help. I am trying to find a map of Oldbury in 1950. Also trying to find out the names and addresses of any working mens hostels in the area. I think there may be one run by Accles & Pollock's but this may be a long shot. If not. do you have any idea where I...
Back