• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Stevehanson

School servicing Latimer Street in 1900-1910s?

Hi, I lived in Pigott street for ten years, where Latimer street joined Pigott street there was a school for up eleven year olds called Pigott Street school. If you search on this Forum you will find it.
  2. Stevehanson

St Thomas C Of E School Granville Street

The rooftop playground was for girls, i think.
  3. Stevehanson

St Thomas C Of E School Granville Street

Yes, i went to St Thomas's in 1958/59 they had a great pottery class room.
  4. Stevehanson

Ansells fluffy squirrell

Yes spot on, my brother has one of the brass squirrels that were fitted to the front of 1970s Dray. I have quite a few Ansells Argosy. ( a magazine that was given to the workforce every now and then) in the 1970s.
  5. Stevehanson

Hanson family from Kings Heath

Yes my great great grandad was Joseph and my great great grandmother was Hannah Mobley. I'm sure our name is Hanson because I have had my DNA tested and a man contacted me from Denmark claiming we share the same ancestors, He is a Hanson. I have a photo of Joseph's son Richard who is my great...
  6. Stevehanson

indian restaurants

Does anyone remember the Curry Centre, at the bottom of the Bristol Road almost next door to the Scala picture house. It was one of the first Curry Houses in Birmingham.
  7. Stevehanson

Royal Coronations : Birmingham response

Trying to find a family called Wall, who lived at 25 or 27 Pigott street in the 50s.
  8. Stevehanson

My mom, me Steve and my brother John, who was born at 3/21 Pigott street, Edgbaston Birmingham 15. Which was our official address. PS. we also had another brother called Terry.
  9. Stevehanson

I was picked by the headmaster at Pigott street school along with one other to attend the Lord Mayors party at the Town Hall. Does anyone remember me or the party?
  10. Stevehanson

Piggot Street

My mom, me and brother John also my dad, my grandad, and my great grandad and last of all me.
  11. Stevehanson

Piggot Street

Hi Elaine, a few years ago when we were living in Spain I got a message on SKYPE and it was from Susan McKenzie, she went on to tell me how well her and husband were doing living in Australia, I think she said he was a builder, I remembered her because she had long blonde gingerish hair, one day...
  12. Stevehanson

Piggot Street

Hi, Elaine I don't remember you being in my class along with some of the other names you mentioned, it seems a very long time ago but when you think it is. Roy was my best mate, Sue and Janet and John Freeman I remember but the rest are vague. My photo was taken last year in Spain so I wouldn't...
  13. Stevehanson

Ansells Brewery

I started at My Cellar in 1969 as a driver, I transferred to Aldridge Depot when it opened in 1972/73 my back man was John Welch until the strike in 1981, I returned after the strike and my new back man was Danny Baker. We then moved on to Gravelly park where we worked until 1998. I had a few...
  14. Stevehanson

Ansells Brewery

Hi Len I don't remember you but I remember Bunny, from the bottles at Park road.
  15. Stevehanson

Ansells Brewery

Yes I remember Smithy, how is he these days also Vic Perrins, and Albert the checker.
  16. Stevehanson

Ansells Brewery

Just spotted this photo and noticed the sign.
  17. Stevehanson

Bertram Thomas Williams Royal Warks..

This is a photo of my dad Kenneth Herbert Hanson age 19, posted from Alberta Canada to the jungles of Malaya and Java.
  18. Stevehanson

Davenports

Yes, when I was a kid we used to live opposite Davenports, when the trams were scrapped and they were tearing up the tracks our mom used to send us kids up onto Bath row to get a cart full of tar blocks for our fire. We used to come home with our hands plastered in tar.
  19. Stevehanson

The Yard Behind Number 21 Pigott Street Off Bath Row.

Thanks, good photo, just how I remember it, pity I can't contact any of our friends and neighbors.
Back