• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

Motorcycle Shops

Sorry its 10mths later, nice write up and acurate.My cousin worked at Washwood Heath & raced for Vale & Kings, Brian Edwards. Went into the car trade (Colmore Depot) September 1980 I bought Yamaha FS1E DM EON225V, £325 OVER 3yrs, I ran it into the ground in 18mths sold it siezed for 25quid...
  2. E

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

I appriciate these are dress uniforms, but this is only 4yrs before Germany invaded Poland and the British Exp Force went flying into Europe under part French leadership. In WW1 uniforms in some cases. Brave men, Lions.... Thank you.
  3. E

wheels balanced "on" the car required a sit on machine scooted up to the wheel (vehicle jacked up) spun up the wheel and balanced the wheel brakes & hub, vary rare. steel wheels balnced off the car with crimp on wieghts inner & outer rim alloy use stick on weights & a good fitter can place them...
  4. E

Centenery Square Transit, Allegro estate, a smartley dressed lady striding confidentley. College of food and domestic art and a man head downwho is probabley no longer alive, does any body think of him. I wonder. Poinyent photo, wonderfull. (sorry about spelling)
  5. E

Courtyards and yards of brum

Not so long ago. Not much green and plesent land fit for heros. Sorry to be synical. Social needs, Benifits Street, what has changed would be an interesting disscusion. Good picture.
  6. E

THE GOLDEN ARROW OLTON

Yes. Thank you thats Bridget. Gospel, Moonraker & Poacher gone too. Some missed some not.
  7. E

Lucas Parties & Pantomimes

Re: Christmas Parties at the Serck My late father worked at Serck Rads for decades retired in 1980. I remember going to a panto with Cliff Richard singing "she wears red feathers and a hoole hoole skirt..." I think ? circa late 60s early 70s
  8. E

THE GOLDEN ARROW OLTON

Was the gaffer a Ray Young around 1980 and a lady called Bridget had a lot to do with pubs (Dolphin at least) around that time in Acocks Green.
  9. E

Italian Car Dealers in Brum in the 80's ?

Colmore Ferrari was West Brom Hall Green Fiat, Lancia Lotus Erdington Fiat & Diahtsu Hill St SAAB Gilbertstone, Cov Rd Workshop & second hand cars Witton Lane workshops
  10. E

Italian Car Dealers in Brum in the 80's ?

Mayfair Motors was further towards Hall green direction, Mario DeLotti was opposite Formans Rd
  11. E

Motorcycle Shops

Re: More Bike Shops? Kings of Birmingham Bristol Rd at Monaco House & at Washford traffic lights, manager went on to open Solihull M/C Lode Lane, Terry with a green 911.
Back