• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. brummy-lad

Cattells (Cattell's) Grove, Nechells

There are several references to Cattells Grove but there doesn't appear to be a dedicated thread, here are a few images to start it off.
  2. brummy-lad

Sturmey-Archer

Sorting through all the dust laden objects I have accumulated I came across a Sturmey-Archer Master Catalogue dated 1958. Although primarily based in Nottingham, the company were prominent all over the UK including Birmingham at 377 Bolton Road, Small Heath. The 20 acre site of the factory in...
  3. brummy-lad

Aston Interactive Map

www.leroux.co.uk/aston A couple of years ago I posted a link to an interactive map of Aston, the idea being that you would be able to 'take a walk' along various Aston Streets. I was never happy with this, my programming skills were very basic and each point had to be clicked to display the...
  4. brummy-lad

Chattaway Terrace Nechells Jubilee Or Coronation Party

I think these pics are of George V 25th Jubilee 22/06/1936 OR Coronation of George VI 12/05/1937. The party took place at the back of houses in Chattaway St., Nechells. In the first pic the lady standing on the right is Ethel Leroux (my Gran) of 14 Chattaway St. The lady standing next to her...
  5. brummy-lad

Postcard of unknown family

This is a postcard sent to my grandfather at Scholefield Street, Nechells in 1913. It is signed by Sexton Blakey but I think this is a reference to the fictional detective, although perhaps his surname was actually Blake ? It was printed by A Wilson Photographer of Victoria Road. I know it's a...
  6. brummy-lad

Victoria Convalescent Home

Does anybody have any information about The Victoria Convalescent Home in Clevedon (Bristol). My grandfather (Evelyn Hector Keight of Park Lane, Aston) was a patient there around 1910-1930 and I am intrigued by a postcard dated 1913 from a fellow patient (I think). Probably a long shot but a...
Back