• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. W

Old street pics..

I went to chandos school for a few years and it was next to highgate park and led to shawbury grove to the flats where i lived in 1961 to 1966,i can remember a few names and still have a few memories of living there.
  2. W

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

wonderful photos and captions!! really enjoyed looking and reading these photos,thank you
  3. W

Davenports

thank you Anne i will take a look at that and yes i know that feeling of forgetfulness!! i go upstairs and then wonder what i came to do and then come down and then remember grrr! but the exercise is good for me!!
  4. W

Davenports

hi Anne,my grandad had a wooden crate of Davenports delivered every week and the emptys were placed in the wooden crate,i'm sure the Davenports man wore a long white coat with the Davenport logo on top pocket ans a brown satchel type bag around his body,a lot of our neighbours also had...
  5. W

Ten Acres Stirchley

Hi John,heard last night that Stirchley working mans club is buying The 3 Horseshoes pub,the old scruffy Stirchley baths is going to be the community club,the indoor bowls is moving to Kings Heath and Tescos hoping to open xmas 2015!! Heard that this friday night is party night at Tascos club as...
  6. W

Ten Acres Stirchley

Re: Ten Acres and Stirchley Co op hi Linda,do you know that TASCOS is closing this Friday,march 29th March 2013? and soon to be knocked down to make the car park of Tescos!! what a shame
  7. W

Dollond and Aitchison, Coventry Road, Yardley

Thanks Betty,yes it will be good if i manage to find ex D and A's, im on friends reunited page of D and A but only me and a guy i don't know!!!!! nice to chat :fat:
  8. W

hi Betty,have'nt had any one contact me yet but fingers crossed!!! yes it was a huge place and very interesting to work there,the orders came in and first the frame was put in a box and put on the track up to the lens dept,them the lens were cut and fixed into the frame then back on the track to...
  9. W

hi,i worked at Dollond and Aitchison, Coventry Road, Yardley, from 1973 to 1983,i was 16 straight from school and left to have my first child.I started working as a progress chaser and loved it! we had to find all the jobs that were overdue,which may sound easy but it was a big place!! i made...
  10. W

Ty-Phoo Tea

hi my mom worked at Typhoo tea and she had loads of friends there,they all saved up one year and went to Magulluf Spain for a week and my friend and i went,we were 16 then and had a great laugh with them all,shower hats in the sea,spainish waiters,men following us all around! I used to meet mom...
  11. W

Wartime Yardley

i have been trying to find this photo of Lily road for years,so thank you so much for putting it on here! my great granparents and grandparents lived in Lily road and told me about the bombing many times!
  12. W

Wartime Yardley

hi John, imy mom remembers your grandad and she said he had a allotment by The Causeway(now Tescos) and used to sell his goods!!
  13. W

Wartime Yardley

no sorry john,i knew the sandfords at 76 lily road,mom dad and 8 kids! i will ask my mom tomorrow if she remembers your grandparents.
  14. W

Wartime Yardley

hi, new to this site! my family (mothers side) came from Lily road Yardley,and we still have the property in Lily road and i remember a lot of of people ! Sandfords,Hodgeskins,Eatons,Olivers,Jenkins and us James and Green
Back