• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Antique gun shop Pershore road

I remember the antique gun shop on pershore rd i brought a martini rifle of them back in my shooting days a guy called Les worked there i met him years later when he worked at world wide arms Bromsgrove St
  2. D

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Still looks good i worked for Bournville Village Thrust as a joiner in the 80s it was a pleasure to go to work
  3. D

GEC WITTON WORKS

Yea i recall seeing that
  4. D

Granville Street Ladywood

Lived on the 15th floor of Triedent house in the 90s best views of Brum ever
  5. D

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

Haven't been able to access site today until now.
  6. D

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Used to go to Peppers on Sunday night.
  7. D

Great vid I got my first belt Yellow Oct 1978 more followed Till i joined the Army.
  8. D

Sad to hear he passed away I trained there 1978 onwards.
  9. D

I recall going to Discos at the Hunters Moon on Thursdays There was a guy next to DJ danced all night long.
  10. D

WITTON ROAD

Yea I did upgrade to one of those pea firing pistols I forget there name they came with 50 gold plastic balls you got a lot of misfires because of misshaped peas the corn shop sold them by weight you ended up with a giant brown paper bag full very hard to hide from your parents lol
  11. D

WITTON ROAD

Yes I remember the corn shop I used to buy dried peas from there for my peashooter lol
  12. D

James Street, Aston / New Town

Hi lyn Yes after I posted I thought the same the reason my Mum was not at home was because there was a shelter in the garden of Witton rd or they went and used the shelters in Aston park Don
  13. D

James Street, Aston / New Town

My mother lived in James St at the time of the raid during the raid she was at her nans house in Witton rd but her Dad Frank Preston got buried when the house was hit and had to be dug out of the rubble I was told he was never the same after that they lived next door to the Mitchells who sadly...
  14. D

Ub40

I worked for Dep there record label in the 80s it was in Digbeth later I was working at there club UBS ex Fannys it was my first job I had after leaving Army and last job in Brum Happy days
  15. D

National Service

Heres one for you National Service Guys 2 pair of 1953 made army boots we used to wear these at work in the early 70s I brought loads I still have these left
  16. D

Clocks

Heres my clock in my mancafe frontroom I stopped the clock so you can see the vertical marker I still have had to use a plumb line to get it right I pulled this clock out of wifes family home in Liepzig 2 days after the wall came down.
  17. D

Sacred Heart Catholic School Witton Road

Me the same got posted to Great Barr Comp I came from wrong side of the tracks.
  18. D

Sacred Heart Catholic School Witton Road

I was there same time commandant was miss Greeny her slipper kissed me many a time it was father Crean always had a bottle on him I recall Joe Gallager I moved to the new school on Trinaty rd in my last year
  19. D

Libraries : My First Visit To A Library.

My first library was at the top end of Witton rd what a building it has a lot to answer for with my love of books plus we went there once a week with the school i still go there most evenings i be about 9 on my own we lived a few doors down oh yea silence was golden??
Back